Black Mold - Golden State Mold Inspections

Black Mold

Black mold

Black mold is a very pernicious type of mold and can cause serious health complications if it is not removed and cleaned properly. The first thing that you must know about this certain type of mold is that it comes in all shapes, colors and sizes. This means that no matter how clean your home looks, there might be hidden black molds lurking in some dark corners ready to pounce the moment you let your guard down. In fact, even looking for black mold in such places can be very hard because their spores often resemble typical dust particles which makes them easy to overlook.

Because they have so many different varieties, one of them being toxic black mold , getting rid of this dangerous variety can take up quite a bit time and effort as you will have to remove the mold spores from all affected areas, and then discard or store in a safe place the items that were contaminated by them. If you don’t follow these steps exactly as they are, you might not get rid of black molds completely.

This type of dangerous mold is so called because it often appears as dark blobs on various surfaces making it easy to spot, but the problem is that most people mistake those for some sort of dirt until they sniff closer. That’s when they realize something smells like mildew. If not taken care of in time, toxic black mold can cause several health problems among which are fatigue and respiratory problems; long term exposure can even lead to things such as brain tumors. In severe even, the toxic mold can be fatal. It is for all these reasons that it’s so important to remove this type of dangerous black mold as soon as possible, and to make sure it doesn’t come back once you have gotten rid of it.

Toxic black mold is known to grow best in damp places such as bathrooms and basements, but they can also feel at home in other areas such as kitchens where food items get spoiled or leaky roofs making them quite an enemy for anyone who wants a healthy home without complications. All this being said, those who suspect they might have a small toxic black mold infestation in their homes should look out for some tell tale signs; if you find any of the following things more than once, then chances are you have this mold in your home.

If you find black spots on your bathroom ceiling, walls or floor; if there’s a damp musty smell in the air and your bathtub and sink are dripping water from the faucet even when the drains are closed; if you can see dark stains on floors or carpets, then most likely toxic mold is present in your home.

If these little tips don’t help much for whatever reason, than it might be wiser to contact professional black mold removal experts who will make sure everything is handled professionally so no adverse side effects occur due to bug infestation of any kind. Remember that once black mold spreads in a house more often than not it becomes very hard to get rid of them

How does black mold form?
Black mold can grow on almost any surface where moisture or rainwater has collected. Black mold loves to feed on otherwise good quality building materials made from wood, gypsum board/drywall, paper products (ie: books) and even carpeting. In order for black mold to grow you need to have stagnant or very slow air circulation and those materials just mentioned above. However below are some points that will help you prevent black molds growth in your own home or business location: * Keep the humidity level between 45-55% and make sure to vent your moist bathroom and kitchen outside air * Make sure you have sufficient circulation of fresh air in the home or office by using an exhaust fan in the kitchen and bathrooms, replacing broken windows and/or adding a whole house fan.

Black mold is easily recognized as it looks dark blackish powdery substance which when dry would look like any other mold that grows on wood or paper products. It smells musty dank odor because molds are living organisms that need moisture to live. Black mold can be found on walls, ceilings flooring etc but will usually be visible on non-porous surfaces such as tiles or painted walls where the spores collect after being released from dead molds themselves. If there are dead molds visible, then the mold problem is quite serious.

Black molds are unsightly and may cause a lot of damage to build materials over time, but they are not usually dangerous for people except those with allergies or lung conditions. Black mold can however cause health concerns if there is a large amount of black mold in your home or business. Exposure to it has been linked to upper respiratory problems such as asthma and/or allergic reactions in some people who spend lots of time inside a building with moisture problems.



Next Blog

Scroll to top